Your Memphis Zombies will he holding a meeting on Sunday, April 22, at 6 p.m. for those who are interested in volunteering for this year’s event. We have a variety of tasks we could use help with and we know a lot of you have offered to help in the past. So we’d love to get you all in a group and get your names and contact info and find out what you’re available to help with.
Here’s a sampling of the kinds of things we’ll be talking about:
- publicity (handing out flyers, spreading word via social media, etc.)
- makeup (we have a great makeup crew but it is small and we’d be able to zombify much more quickly and efficiently if we had a larger team of people to form an assembly line of sorts)
- cleanup crew (to tidy up the route and staging area after the walk is over)
- food collectors (for our second-annual Mid-South Food Bank drive)
- actors (for potentially orchestrated scenes/sequences along the route)
Interested? Come to the Overton Park pavilion area on Sunday, April 22, at 6 p.m. Can’t make the meeting? E-mail us at memphiszombies at gmail.com and give us an idea of what you’d like to help with. We’re looking for people we can rely on. Is that you? Excellent. Come see us!